Interactive entertainment and flight simulators may be the “traditional” hotbed of activity for the modeling, simulation and training (MS&T) industry, but the many institutions working within this sector of the Florida High Tech Corridor are diligently working to expand the applications of MS&T technologies.
Donald Ariel, Chairman
Supporting a $5 billion industry and boasting a workforce of nearly 30,000, the Corridor’s MS&T companies and academic institutions produce applications that run the gamut of fields including military, flight and transportation training, virtual experiences for theme parks and interactive entertainment, and medical training utilizing patient simulators.
Modeling, Simulation & Training at a Glance
- $5 billion industry statewide
- Workforce of 30,000
- The Corridor is home to the National Center for Simulation
Home to the National Center for Simulation, the University of Central Florida Institute for Simulation and Training, all branches of the military and 10 other government agencies concentrated on simulation R&D through Team Orlando, the Florida High Tech Corridor is a veritable hub for this field. The Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC) – held every fall in Orlando – attracts 15,000 attendees from around the world and showcases the many armed services, industry, academia and various government agencies that specialize in improved training and education programs, including industry giants like Boeing and Lockheed Martin
The Corridor’s universities and other educational institutions such as Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University provide a multitude of programs to supply the burgeoning field of MS&T with a highly trained workforce, securing the region’s status as the country’s leading industry hub.
- Advanced Simulation Research
- Aero Simulation
- AVT Simulation
- Boeing Company
- Bohemia Interactive Simulations
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Craig Technologies
- DiSTI Corp.
- eMDee Technology
- Engineering & Computer Simulations
- General Dynamics IT
- Intelligent Decisions
- IVIR Inc.
- L-3 Communications
- Lockheed Martin
- Medical Curriculum Technologies
- Northrop Grumman
- Raydon Corporation
- Rockwell Collins
- Servos & Simulation, Inc.
- Technology Transfer Services
Modeling, Simulation and Training Organizations and Institutes
- Florida Healthcare Simulation Alliance
- International Council on Systems Engineering, Orlando Chapter
- International Council on Systems Engineering, Space Coast Chapter
- International Test and Evaluation Association, Central Florida Chapter
- National Center for Simulation
- National Defense Industrial Association, Central Florida Chapter
- Team Orlando
- UCF Institute for Simulation and Training